Sunday 20 December 2015

Yazidi Community, Nadia Murad, victim of ISIS - a powerful testimony

Nadia Murad delivers her powerful message to the UN Security Council.
Heart wrenching testimony of Yezidi woman before UN (no comment Samantha Power) https://www.facebook.com/DemandforAction/posts/492899270889546 
We as Muslims must condemn the forced conversion to Islam!!
"Yazidis have been exposed to campaigns of forced Islamization and assimilation, according to the Turkish sociologist Ismail Besikci, a prominent expert on Kurdistan:
 
"During the 1912-13 Pontic Greek deportations and the 1915 Armenian genocide, Yazidis were also driven out from their lands. Throughout the history of republican Turkey, all methods have been tried to Islamize the Yazidis. Before 1915, for instance, Suruc was an entirely Yazidi town. So was the town of Viransehir. Today, there is not a single Yazidi left in Suruc. Furthermore, the Islamized Yazidis can be seen exhibit insulting behavior towards those who remain Yazidis."
 
Because they are Kurds, the state has not recognized their Kurdishness; and because they are Yazidis, the state has not recognized their religion.
Nadia's participation in this important event was coordinated by Yazda. Nadia was accompanied by Murad Ismael of Yazda, to deliver her speech. Please find her written speech below.
Mr. President
Ladies and gentlemen, delegates of the Security Council, good afternoon.
I would like to thank the United States for calling for this debate and for inviting me to speak.
It is with great sadness, gratitude and hope that I stand before you today as one of the few survivors of one of the world’s oldest ethnic and religious group now threatened by extinction.
I am here today to speak on the way the so-called Islamic State trafficked us, transformed the Yazidi women into sex slaves, and the way IS committed a genocide against my people. I am here to tell what has happened to me and my community that lost hope is headed to the unknown, I am here also to speak on behalf of those who remain in captivity.
I am here to speak about a global terrorist organization that came to end our existence, culture and freedom, to speak about the nightmare that changed life for a community, overnight.
Before August 3, 2014, I was living with my family in Kocho village with my single mother and brothers and sisters, our village was beautiful, we were living in peace. But on August 3rd, the militants of the Islamic State attacked our areas and we found ourselves faced with a brutal genocide. These large groups of armed men of various nationalities in uniforms with weapons had decided that the Yazidis were infidels and had to be eradicated. 

The Islamic State didn’t come to kill the women and girls, but to use us as spoils of war, as objects to be sold with little or to be gifted for free.
Their cruelty was not merely opportunistic. The IS soldiers came with a pre-established policy to commit such crimes.

Islamic State had one intention, to destroy the Yazidi identity by force, rape, recruitment of children, and destruction of holy sites they captured, especially against the Yazidi woman where the used rape as a mean of destruction for Yazidi women and girls and ensuring these women will never return to a normal life.
On August 15th, the militants called us to the school building, where they separated men from us; I witnessed from the second floor of the school, they took the men and killed them, including six of my biological and step brothers who were killed, and three who escaped the mass killing with creator blessing.
We, the women and the children, were driven away to another area. Along the way, they insulted us; they were forcefully touching women and girls.
I was taken with some other 150 girls to Mosul, in a building in Mosul, there were thousands of Yazidi women and children who were previously captured by IS to be offered as gifts.
A militant approached me, he said they would take me, I was looking down, I was terrified, when I looked up, I saw a big man, he looked like a minister. I cried, I said I don't want you, I told him you are too big for me, I am a little girl. Another militant walked in, I was still looking down, I saw his feet, he had small feet, I begged him to take me for himself, I was so scared of the big militant.
The one who took me asked me to convert, I did not, he then one day asked me for "marriage", I told him I am sick, most of the captive women there had their menstrual period due to the fears. Then he one day forced me to dress for him and put on makeup, I did, and during that black night, he did it.
He forced me to serve his militant squad; he insulted me by forcing me to dress improperly. I was unable to bear more rape and torture, I decided to escape, but I failed and I was captured by one of the guards.
That night, he beat me, forced me to undress, and put me in a room with six militants. They continued to commit crimes to my body until I became unconscious.
After three months of abduction, finally I was able to escape. Now, I live in Germany. Thanks to Germany who accepted to treat me.
But it was not only me who suffered, it was a collective suffering, the Islamic State gave us two choices, convert or die, for those who accepted to convert fearing their lives, their men were killed, women were enslaved and children were recruited.
To date, 16 mass graves have been found, including a mass grave of 80 women which contained the remains of my mother, who they didn’t desire, therefore decided to kill. More than 400,000 Yazidis are displaced, more than 40 percent of our areas remain under control of IS, and the liberated areas are not habitable because of the destruction and Yazidi fears to return and live in their homes with peace.
Over the past week only, more than 70 Yazidi women and children drowned on their way through dangerous paths to Europe, thousands are seeking an exodus, and great percentage see immigration is the only choice.
Mrs. President, Ladies and gentlemen
The Islamic State has made the Yazidi women a fuel for human trafficking.
I am presenting to you our requests and I have hope that humanity has not died, yet:
1- Bring back more than 3400 women and children currently suffering under the mercy of those who lost every bit of mercy.
2- Recognized the mass killing, enslavement and human trafficking committed as genocide, I appeal to you to find a way to open a case before the International Criminal Court.
3- Liberate our land, Liberate Kocho so that Kocho people can bury the remains of their dead, provide Yazidi Areas and other threaten minorities Areas with international protection so we can return one day and live in peace, I also request that you allocate an international fund to compensate victims and build our areas.
4- Open your borders for my community, we are victims of genocide and we have the right to seek a safe place where our dignity will be preserved. We request that to give Yazidis and other threatened minorities the choice to resettle, especially to the victims of human trafficking, as Germany Did.
5- Bring an end to IS. I have seen them; I have lived the pain they caused. We have to bring all human traffickers criminals and those who committed genocide to justice so that the women and children in Nigeria, Syria, Somalia, and everywhere in the world can live in peace. These crimes against women and their freedom shall stop now. 

سيدي الرئيس
السادة والسيدات ممثلي دول المجلس، طاب يومكم.
أشكر الولايات المتحدة على إقامة هذه الجلسة ودعوتي للتحدث امامكم.
بالحزن والامتنان والأمل انا هنا اليوم اقف، ناجية ايزيدية وابنة واحدا من اقدم الاديان المهددة بالزوال.
أنا هنا اليوم لاتحدث عن ممارسات ما يسمى بالدولة الإسلامية ضدنا، من الاتجار بالبشر، استخدام نسائنا للاستعباد الجنسي، وتجنيد أطفالنا للحرب، التشرد وارتكاب جريمة ألابادة الجماعية بحقنا، انا هنا لأخبركم عن ما حدث لي وعن ما حدث لمجتمعي الذي فقد الامل بالحياة وصار يتجه الى المجهول. انا هنا ايضا لاتحدث بأسم اكثر من 3400 طفل وامرأة لا يزالوا تحت الخطف.
أنا هنا لاتحدث لكم عن هذه المنظمة الارهابية العالمية التي أتت الينا لتقضي على وجودنا، على ثقافتا، وعلى حريتنا. انا هنا لاتحدث عن الكابوس الذي غير حياة مجتمع كامل بين ليلة وضحاها.
قبل الثالث من أب 2014، كنت اعيش مع عائلتي في قرية كوجو، مع أمي الوحيدة واخوتي وأخواني، كانت قريتنا جميلة وكنا نعيش بسلام. ولكن في الثالث من أب قامت ميليشا الدولة الاسلامية بالهجوم على مناطقنا ووجدنا أنفسنا امام إبادة حقيقية، هذه المجاميع الكبيرة من قوى الشر، اتوا من الكثير من الدول، بالاسلحة والاعتدة والملابس العسكرية، وكان غايتهم هي انهاء الوجود الايزيدي برمته، بالاستنادا الى تفسيرهم باننا كفار.
أتت الدولة الاسلامية ليس فقط لتقتلنا نحن النساء والبنات، ولكن لاخذنا كغنائم حرب، كاداوت لتباع بالاسواق مقابل القليل من المال او حتى دون مقابل.
هذا الاجرام الذي ارتكب لم يكن اجراما عابرا، ولكن كانت سياسة ممنهجة ومسبقة التخطيط.
الدولة الاسلامية اتت بدافع وحيد، وهو تدمير الهوية الايزيدية باستخدام القوة، الاغتصاب، تجند الاطفال، وتدمير جميع معابدنا الذي استولوا عليها. وكل هذا لا يمكن تفسيرها سوى انها كانت بالفعل ابادة جماعية ضد هويتنا، وخاصة ضد المرأة الايزيدية حيث استخدموا الاغتصاب كوسيلة لتدمير النساء والبنات وتاكيد بان هولاء النساء لن يعودوا الى حياتهم الطبيعية بعد ألان.
في 15 من أب قامت عناصر الدولة الأسلامية بدعوتنا جميعا الى مدرسة القرية، حيث قاموا بتفريق الرجال من النساء والأطفال، رأيتهم ومن الطابق الثاني للمدرسة، اخذوا الرجال وقاموا بتصفيتهم، 6 من اخواني قتلوا و3 منهم نجوا من القتل الجماعي.
نحن النساء , والاطفال، أخذونا في المركبات من المدرسة الى منطقة أخرى، وفي الطريق كانوا يقومون بأهانتنا، كانوا يلمسوننا بطريقة تخش الحياء.
قاموا بأخذي الى الموصل مع اكثر من 150 امرأة ايزيدية أخرى، وفي بناية كبيرة هناك، كانت هناك الالاف من النساء الايزيديات والأطفال يتم اعطائهم كهدايا.
عنصر من عناصرهم اقترب مني، وقال يريد ان يأخذني، كنت انظر الى الأرض، كنت في حالة رعب، وعندما رفعت رأسي وجدت رجلا ضخما جدا، كان بالفعل كوحش مفترس، صرخت وبكيت كثيرا، وقلت له انني صغيرة لك وانت ضخم جدا، فقام بركلي وضربي. بعدها بلحظات اقدم عنصر اخر، وكنت لا أزال انظر الى الأرض، فرأيت حجم اقدامه اصغر، فتوصلت الى الشخص حتى يأخذني لنفسه، كنت خائفة جدا من الرجل الضخم الأول.
الذي قام بأخذي، طلب من ان أغير ديني، ولكنني رفضت، وبعدها أتى في يوم وطلب مني ما يسمونه "الزواج"، قلت له بأنني مريضة، فأغلب النساء الختطفات كانت لديها الدورة الشهرية من شدة الخوف. مرت أيام قليلة، واجبرني ان البس له، واضع له المكياج على وجهي، وفي تلك الليلة السوداء، فعلها.
اجبرني ان اخدم فصيله العسكري، وقام بأهانتي كل يوم، أجبرني ان البس ما لا يحفظ جسدي. لم اكن قادرة على تحمل المزيد من الاغتصاب والتعذيب، قررت ان اهروب ولكن احد الحراس كان هناك، وقام بمسكي.
في تلك الليلة قام بضربي، وطلب مني ان اتخلى عن ملابسي، ووضعوني مع الحراس في الغرفة، واستمروا بارتكاب جرائمهم بجسدي حتى فقدت الوعي.
بعد ثلاثة اشهر من الخطف، استطعت أخيرا الهروب، الان أعيش في المانيا التي قبلت معالجتي مشكورة.
لم أكن أعيش المعاناة لوحدي، كانت معاناة جماعية، حيث قامت الدولة الإسلامية باعطاءنا خيارين، الأسلمة او الموت، حتى أولئك الذين اعلنوا اسلامهم خوفا على حياتهم، تم أيضا قتل الرجال منهم وسبي النساء وتجنيد الأطفال.
اكتشف الى الأن 16 مقبرة جماعية، بما فيها مقبرة ل 80 أمراة لم يرغبوهم فقاموا بقتلهم، وتم تشريد اكثر من 400 الف، اكثر من 40 بالمئة من مناطقنا لا تزال تحت سيطرة الدولة الأسلامية، ومناطقنا المحررة غير مهيئة للعيش فيها بسبب الدمار وبسبب عدم ثقة الأنسان الايزيدي بالعيش على ارضه مرة أخرى.
خلال الأسبوع الماضي فقط، غرق اكثر من 70 أيزيدي في طريقهم عبر طرق خطرة نحو اوربا، الالاف يبحثون عن مخرج ونسبة كبيرة تجد الهجرة الخيار الوحيد.
سيدي الرئيس، السيدات والسادة
لقد جعلت الدولة ألاسلامية من للمرأة الايزيدية وقود للاتجار بالبشر.
أتقدم اليكم اليوم بمطاليبنا وانا لدي ألامل بان الإنسانية لم تنتهي بعد:
1. تحرير اكثر من 3400 أمراة وطفل لايزالوا يعيشون المعاناة تحت رحمة من لا رحمة لهم.
2. نطالب ان يتم تعريف ما حدث من القتل والاستعباد الجماعي والاتجار بالبشر على انها إبادة جماعية، التمس منكم اليوم ان تجدوا الحلول لفتح ملف الإبادة امام المحكمة الدولية.
3. تحرير جميع مناطقنا، تحرير كوجو حتى يستطيع أهل كوجو دفن موتاهم، توفير حماية دولية لمناطق الأيزيدية والأقليات المهددة حتى نستطيع ان نعود يوما الى مناطقنا ونعيش بسلام، كما واطالب بتخصيص ميزانية دولية تحت اشراف دولي لتعويض الضحايا وبناء المنطقة.
4. افتحوا أبواب بلدانكم لمجتمعي، فنحن ضحايا الإبادة ومن حقنا البحث عن بلد أمن يحفظ كرامتنا، كل يوم يخاطر المئات من الناس بحياتهم، نلتمس منكم ان تعطوا خيار إعادة التوطين الايزيدية والأقليات الأخرى المهددة وخاصة لضحايا الاتجار بالبشر كما فعلت المانيا.
5. انهاء داعش نهاية ابدية، انا عشت الألم الذي سببوا لي، رأيت شرهم. يجب ان يتم جلب جميع مرتكبي جرائم الأتجار بالبشر والابادة الى العدالة، حتى تعيش المرأة والطفلة بأمان في العراق، سوريا، نيجيريا، صوماليا، وكل مكان في العالم. يجب ان تتوقف الأن هذه الجرائم ضد المرأة وضد حريتها

No comments:

Post a Comment